Saturday 14 April 2012

Hi All,

I have been beading like crazy this last week and a half to finish my latest collar!!

This is probably my largest piece ever and it seemed to take me FOREVER lol!! What I thought would be a quick piece involved around 35-40 hours of beading.

I started it without naming it and when I posted a work in progress photo, a friend of mine told me that he thought it looked like stars in the night sky, I couldn't quite see stars as it was green but it reminded me of the storms that we get here in Northern NSW.

Before it storms here the sky turns green and you can feel the anticipation in the air and you can smell the rain coming, see the Flashes of lightning and hail in the sky. Hence the name "Before The Storm"

I am quite proud of how it ended up it features 3 dichroic cabochons from Pink Glass Palace on Etsy
     http://www.etsy.com/shop/PinkGlassPalace.

The "balls" of hail are actually Blue Zircon Swarovski flat back crystals that have been surrounded by thousands of seed beads and czech faceted crystals.

I tried to keep the clasp simple so as not to take attention away from the piece so I settled on a plain gold plated jump ring and parrot clasp.






One more picture. This is me wearing it. It sits just below my collar bone.



Thanks for reading.

Until next time, Happy beading!! 

Jo :D


2 comments:

  1. I have followed your blog for awhile now, and I love your work, but this collar is absolutely stunning! I love where it sits on your neck and how the colors pop and pop and pop! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Great to know the -- in depth from this blog.This will really help for my forward steps to be taken.
    Building Materials

    ReplyDelete